Step 1: Gather Yo' Materials
-UHMW polyethylene 1.25" solid rod - 1 ft. Opaque White
-UHMW polyethylene 1.25" i.d. x 1.625" o.d tube - 1ft. Opaque White
- High or Super Bright LEDs (your choice of color, I used blue.) - 1
- CR2032 coin cell holders - 1
- CR2032 lithium coin cell battery - 1
- 1/8 watt 100 ohm resistor (you can use a higher resistance, it will just make the light dimmer) - 1
- Any size chop saw / miter saw.
- Ruler, tape measure, or combo square (to get a nice meaurement of your pieces)
- Drill press, it is reccomended that you use one for precision, but IT CAN be done with a hand drill.
- 1.25" hole / boring bit.
- Soldering Iron
- Solder (60/40 rosin core is preferable)
- 1 1/8" paddle bit
- .144" drill bit (size 27)
Step 2: Getting Started
Step 3: Cutting the Bar Stock
Now, you want to cut off a piece of that solid UHMW bar stock that is .75 (3/4") long. Do the same thing as in the last step.
Step 4: Boring the Hole
Step 5: Boring the Battery Holder
Step 6: Soldering
-Fit the LED through the hole in the bottom of light body. To keep the led in place, you can just push the leads apart.
-Now, you want to solder the resistor to the negative side of the LED, and to the negative side of the battery holder. Solder the positive lead from the LED to the positive side of the holder.
-After you're done soldering, you can just kinda push everything into the bottom, make sure none of the wires a crossing each other.
- Use epoxy, or silicone sealtant, preferably white or clear for aesthetics, to adhere the battery holder to the bottom of the body.