Introduction: Acorn Squash Pie Oh My! Better Than Pumpkin.
Things you need:
- 1 Acorn squash
- 2 eggs
- White sugar
- 1 12oz can of evaporated milk
- Ground ginger
- Ground cinnamon
- Ground cloves
- Heavy whipping cream
- Vanilla extract
- 1 unbaked 9" pie shell
- Preheat your oven to 350*.
- Cut your acorn squash in half and scoop out the seeds.
- Put your acorn squash on a pan face down. You can use tin foil if you would like so your pan is clean after using it.
- Cook it for an hour or until it's easy to poke with a fork.
- Pull it out and allow it to cool.
- Once your squash has cooled, scoop out the contents and measure two cups of the squash. Put it in a mixing bowl. It's important it's cooled all the way so you don't scramble the eggs your about to add.
- Add the eggs.
- Add 3/4 Cup of sugar.
- Add the entire contents of the evaporated milk.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of ginger.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon of cloves.
- Add 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Now beat the ingredients until all are combined.
- Pour into your unbaked pie shell.
- Throw that bad boy in the oven for 55-65 minutes.
- Pull it out and let it cool completely.
- Once it's done that, take your heavy whipping cream and put it in a mixing bowl.
- Mix until you get stiff peaks when you pull your beaters out to check it.
- Add sugar and vanilla extract to taste! Don't make your whipping cream so overpowering though so you can't taste the pie as well. Keep in mind that acorn squash is pretty sweet on it's own.
- Eat that pie!! Do try to share... or don't.
TammyZ2 made it!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.