Step 1: Explanation of Parameters
2. WLAN: abbreviation for wireless local area network.
3. hostednetwork: used to create access point.
4. SSID: service set identifier, is a unique name for your network.
5. key: password for the network.
NB: the key is case sensitive.
Step 2: Command Line
netsh WLAN set hostednetwork mode = allow SSID = desired name of network key = desired password
3. Hit enter.
Step 3: Activating Ad Hoc Network
2. Open elevated command line window.
netsh WLAN start hostednetwork
4. 'hostednetwork has started' will be shown if everything goes right.
5. wifi sensing devices within range can see your network and connect using the key.