Introduction: Adai With Mixed Lentils
Adai, as we call it in Tamil, is a pan-fried South Indain dish used for breakfast or dinner. Adai is made with thick batter poured on a flat Dosa making pan and cooked till both sides are fried to a golden brown. There are many variations and combinations of materials used in making the batter. Here I have used all lentils and rice mixed together for the batter to make this delicious dish.
Step 1: How to Make the Batter
- Take one measure each of Rice, Red Gram, Bengal gram, Green gram and black gram all split and cleaned.
- Mix all together and soak in water for about four to five hours
- After soaking, clean and wash the mixed ingredients
- Using a wet grinder or a mixer - grinder, grind the soaked lentils to form a medium thick batter
- Do not add too much water. the batter should not be runny or too thick
Step 2: Other Ingredients
The following other ingredients are finely chopped and mixed with the batter
- Two medium sized onions, finely chopped
- Four or five garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Handful of curry leaves, chopped
- Five to six Red chilies, broken into pieces
- Salt to taste
Add all these ingredients to the batter and mix well
Step 3: Pour Adai
- Heat a Dosa making pan over medium fire
- Take a ladle-full of batter and place it on the center of the pan. See the thickness of batter
- Spread on the pan using the ladle
- Add drops of oil on the sides
Step 4: Remove From Pan
- Using a Dosa making spatula, just lift one side and see it is fully cooked to golden brown
- Now using the spatula, turn over the adai on the pan and allow the other side to cook
- Once both sides are properly cooked, remove from pan
Serve hot with coconut chutney.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.