She received a new iPod because her Mini was acting up, not charging, and pretty much not functioning at all. I decided to take matters into my own hands to fix that sucker. At first I thought it was a battery problem, so I tried to replace the battery, but that worked to no avail.
So, I thought up the crazy plan of taking my Dell DJ (broken screen) micro drive , and replace it with the 4GB one that she had in her Mini.
So this Instructable is teaching you how to open your iPod, and replace the micro drive with a better micro drive, and in my case, it added an extra GB to the iPod Mini.
If you finish this Instructable, go to my continuation: http://www.instructables.com/id/Microdrive-Madness-15-solution-for-your-extra-mi/
So here we go!
- One tip, when you take off the top of your iPod, use an adults help like I did, because they can help you pry the top off. I had my dad help me, and it worked great!
Step 1: Materials
- iPod Mini
- Flat-head Screwdriver
- Any other micro drive that can fit into the pins that the old micro drive fit in to.
Step 2: Opening up iPod
- Take your screwdriver, and try to put it in between the edge of the metal and the plastic
- Jiggle it a few times to get it firmly below the plastic and metal casing
- Pry up the plastic as best you can. Jiggle it some more, but it will eventually come off.
- There is a little bit of glue, so it will take a few minuted to get this process done.
- Do this to both the top and bottom white plastic pieces.