Introduction: Adding Local Internet Proxy Settings to Raspberry Pi
In this tutorial I am going to tell you how to connect internet through proxy. Why I am interested in this is because most colleges has internet connection through local ethernet and ethernet has it's own proxy setting and user had to enter their passwords for internet access. In raspberry pi for downloading packages through local internet having proxy through terminal we have to setup the local proxy settings and username,password on our own.
For this you need Raspberry pi , internet connection and Monitor.
And in my next post I will tell you how to control raspberry pi without monitor using Putty and Xming.
Step 1: Setuping Local Proxy..
1. Open Terminal and Go to the root account or otherwise open Root Terminal directly.
2. Then Navigate to /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/ folder we can go to that folder through cd /etc/apt/apt.conf.d command in root terminal.
3. Then create and open 10proxy file (actually this file is not exist so we have to create the file) through command nano 10proxy (this is the command for this creating and opening the 10proxy file in Terminal).
4. Then add the Acquire::http::Proxy "http://username:password@proxy_server_address:port"; line ( you have to add the sentence in bold) and Save it .
( Example :The format is Acquire::http::Proxy "http://username:email@example.com:8080"; the format is accroding to you local proxy)
5. Then Close the Terminal . For checking Type sudo apt-get update in terminal . Then you get the internet access in raspberry to download the packages.
If you have any questions regarding Raspberry pi you can contact through my mail id "firstname.lastname@example.org" or facebook id: krishna1c