Introduction: Adjustable Notebook Riser / Laptop or Tablet Stand
this is a sleek, lightweight and portable notebook riser / laptop stand / tablet stand I designed and put together in a few hours at the Nottingham Hackspace. I've been using and refining this for a while now so I thought I should share it with the world :)
I have used:
- 3mm plywood and a laser cutter
- 2x M8x25mm screws (M8x20 would probably work fine as well)
- 2x M8 self-locking nuts
- piece of wire (I've used a former bike spoke) cut and bent into shape for the ratchet mechanism - better alternatives for doing this probably exist, but it's what I've had at hand
- wood glue for gluing the lower tip of the longer legs
Step 1: Laser Cutting
Cut the attached laser vector files from 3mm plywood
Step 2: Assemble!
Finally, cut and bend the metal spokes to the length you need them in - mine are roughly 60mm between the two centers of the deliminating bending radius, with one side being bent at a ~110 degree angle and the other (ratchet) side at ~160 degrees.
Then just put it all together, just like shown in the pics!
Let me know if you think something can be improved - two things I have noticed so far:
- the plywood 3mm brush is not the greatest for stability
- the two spokes have to be of the exact same length...
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.