Mi mesa de trabajo hecha por mí hace unos 10 años es útil, transportable, plegable, multipropósito. Pero es pesada para moverla yo solo de un lado a otro, y pensé que sería lindo agregarle ruedas. Los requisitos eran: fuertes, colapsables, baratas y fáciles. Dos rueditas, para un extremo de la mesa, debían ser suficientes.
My homemade working table, that I maked some 10 years ago, is useful, portable, foldable,
mutipurpose. But it is heavy to translate it working I lonely, and I thinked it would be nice to add it wheels. The requisites was: strong, collapsible, cheap, easy. Two little wheels, for an end of the table, must be sufficient.
Step 1: Evaluar (evaluate)
I evaluated to make the wheels with my "poor man's lathe", but getting the hardwood, spindles, brackets, etc. it was more convenient to buy they made, by approximately 3 U$S both. Once with them in hand, I will lead to the task of installing them. The idea was that when not needed, they not bother, because a work table should be firm, not to move in all directions when you're sawing or filing anything. Nor they should protrude from the legs, for not to trip over them. That is to say that they should remain hidden until they become necessary.
Step 2: Instal�ndolas (installing Them)
The first thing I did was to secure the wheels with screws to two separate blocks of hardwood. Then I added to the legs of one end of the table a hardwood crossbar at a height that the blocks with the wheels, placed under the crossbar, sustain the table about 1 cm from the floor.
Step 3: Ending (terminando)
Finalmente uní los tacos de madera con una tira de chapa gruesa, de manera que formen un conjunto sólido, a efectos de que las ruedas se plieguen y desplieguen juntas. Doblé a 90 grados los extremos de la chapa y les hice un agujero a cada uno, por donde pasé un tornillo que fijé en las patas.
Finally I joined the wooden blocks with a strip of thick iron sheet, thus forming a solid body, for the wheels to fold and unfold together. I turned 90 degrees the ends of the strip, and made them each a hole, where I crossed a screw that screwed in the legs.