Introduction: Air Pollution Monitoring | IoT-Data Viz-ML
So this is basically a complete IoT Application which includes hardware part as well as software part. In this tutorial you will see how to set up the IoT device and how to us it to monitor the different types of pollution gases present in the air. So this tutorial includes IoT and Data Science.
Programming Languages involved are C Programming and Python.
Step 1: Components Required
1) NodeMCU - An ESP8266 powered microcontroller, perfect for building IoT applications.
2) MQ2 Gas Sensor - A simple gas sensor to detect the different types of gases present in the air.
3) Arduino IDE installed in you PC / Laptop
4) Jupyter Notebook, Python & different libraries - You can do the setup by following this video tutorial.
Step 2: Setting Up Device (Hardware Setup)
1) The NodeMCU is set inside the breadboard.
2) Gas Sensor Connection:
a) Vcc is connected to Vin port of the NodeMCU.
b) GND is connected to the GND pin of NodeMCU
c) A0 pin is connected to the A0 pin of the NodeMCU
3) Servo Motor Connection
a) +ve pin of Servo Motor is connected to Vin of NodeMCU
b) -ve pin is connected to the GND of NodeMCU
c) The actuator pin or the output pin is connected to the D0 pin of NodeMCU.
4) LEDs Connection
a) The +ve pins of the LEDs are connected to the Vin port of the NodeMCU and the -ve pins to the GND of the NodeMCU
Step 3: Software ( Coding & Visualization)
Get the Arduino Code and the visualization code below. Everything is mentioned step by step. Watch the full video to get a detailed overview of this project.