I am not much of a Call Of Duty fan, But they had one good idea I liked... The Tactical Insertion is basically a hand - held strategic spawn point. Dropping it on the ground creates a new "base". Let's say that you are close to an enemy fort (Point A) and want to rush into battle (Point B). You can set an Insertion, so if hit, you don't have to go all the way back to the original spawn point (Point C). Instead, you may spawn at point B where the insertion is. It saves time. An insertion may also be destroyed or captured.
Step 1: Materials
1. About 2 feet of 3/4 in. PVC pipe
2. 8 3/4 in. slip on end caps
3. Hacksaw or any PVC cutting tool
4. optional string or old belt
5. Black spray paint and two opposing colors of bright spray paint