WARNING!!! I am not responsable for any damage caused by this, even though it is pretty safe.
Step 1: Materials/Equipment
- A jar with lid, preferable a glass jar with a metal lid
- Alcohol, I used rubbing alcohol
- Paper Towels
- A drill bit, I used a 3/16 inch drill bit
- A drill or drill press
Step 2: Prepare the jar
Step 3: Create a Wick
To create the wick you have to cut a strip about 1 inch wide of a paper towel the long way.
Then dip the strip into the jar with the rubbing alcohol.
Next fold the paper towel in half (so that it's half as short, not thinner)
Twist the paper towel.
Step 4: Force the wick through the jarlid
Step 7: Saftey and trouble shooting
- Snip off burnt parts of the wick
- Glass breaks when it gets to hot, the glass won't break in this burner because the alcohol cools it.
- Whenever your outside with this it's extremely hard to see the flame, but it's still there.
- right after you blow out the flame the wick is warm to the touch, usually it's not hot enough to burn you.
The wick just burns up - You either didn't soak it in the alcohol or the alcohol evaporated.
Glass Shattered - You dropped it, shot it with a gun, put it in an oven, etc.
Enjoy your new alcohol burner!