Introduction: Alienware 14 Disassemble Instruction
Alienware is a gaming laptop designed and produced by DELL.This gaming laptop is well designed. Some professional staff in the laptop field even highly evaluate the Alienware as an artwork of designing.
For beginner users, it is very hard to disassemble this laptop to clean or change any devices, because the inside of this laptop is very close together. I will introduce how to disassemble an Alienware 14 to help users to clean or changing devices.
Basic skills for using screwdrivers are required for this. This process will take about 30-40 minutes. When complete this, you will know how to disassemble the laptop in right steps and will not break any parts of the laptop. With this skill, you can clean the inside of the laptop if you need, or change new devices as you want.
Step 1: Preparing
An Alienware 14
1. A set of screwdrivers
2. A box for holding and classifying screws.
3. A torch.
A clean, horizontal platform, better be light color.
Step 2: Remove the Bottom Shell
The bottom shell of the laptop have to be remove first. The kind of the screws will be labeled with letters in the figure.
1. Twist down two screw A labeled in step-2-figure-1 with screwdriver.
2. Put the screw in box and label "A".
3. Twist down two screw B labeled in step-2-figure-1 with screwdriver.
4. Put the screw in box and label "B".
5. Slide down the bottom shell in the direction like step-2-figure-2.
6. Put the bottom shell away on the platform.
TIP: The strainer mesh is easy to get dirty, highly recommend to clean after the bottom shell is removed.
Step 3: Disconnect Main Hardware
The main hardware, include the battery, memory bank, CD-ROM, and HD, should be removed in this step.
Remove the battery:
1. Disconnect the battery by pull out the plug from the interface, labeled in step-3-figure-1.
2. Twist down four screw C labeled in step-3-figure-1 with screwdriver.
3. Put the screw in box and label "C".
4. Take out the battery and put it away on the platform.
Remove the memory bank:
1. Press the two buttons of the up memory bank, the button is labeled in step-3-figure-2.
2. The memory bank will bounce, pull it out.
3. Take a white paper and put the memory bank on it.
4. Repeat the steps for the down memory bank.
Remove the CD-ROM:
1. Disconnect the CD-ROM by pull out the plug from the interface, labeled in step-3-figure-3.
2. Twist down four screw D labeled in step-3-figure-3 with screwdriver.
3. Put the screw in box and label "D".
4. Take out the CD-ROM and put it away on the platform.
TIP: There is a little switcher on the CD-ROM connection interface, use the screwdriver to put it up before disconnecting.
Remove the HD:
1. Twist down three screw E labeled in step-3-figure-4 with screwdriver.
2. Put the screw in box and label "E".
3. Take out the HD by sliding the HD from right to left, the direction is same as step-3-figure-4.
4. Put it away on the platform.
TIP: The HD is very tight when sliding out, you would better use the screw to pry it a little upper.
Step 4: Separate the Body and Keyboard
After removing the hardware, we can separate the body and the keyboard now because the keyboard is a major part to clean. As shown in step-4-figure-1, the screws for this step are all labeled with red and yellow circles.
Remove the screws for fixing the body and keyboard:
1. Twist down screw F labeled with red circles in step-4-figure-1 with screwdriver.
2. Put the screw in box and label "F".
3. Twist down two screw G labeled with yellow circles in step-4-figure-1 with screwdriver.
2. Put the screw in box and label "G".
Disconnect the connection between body and keyboard:
1. Use screwdriver to pry the keyboard out of the main body.
2. Use torch to light the inside and make sure where the connections are.
3. Take care of the connection labeled with red and yellow circles in step-4-figure-2.
4. Pull out the red circled connection.
5. Pull out the yellow circled connection.
6. Take away the keyboard part and put it on the platform.
CAUTION: When using screwdriver to pry, do not pry too hard, this may break the plugs.
TIP: There is a little switcher on the both red circled and yellow circled connection interface, use the screwdriver to put it up before disconnecting.
Step 5: Remove the Fan (Last Step)
For those who only want to clean the laptop or change some parts, the fan is the last part to remove outside. After separate the body and keyboard, we can have a whole view of the mother board. But for the last step, we only need to remove the fan.
1. Twist down three screw H labeled in step-5-figure-1 with screwdriver.
2. Put the screw in box and label "H".
3. Remove the pasted black tip which is labeled in step-5-figure-1.
4. Take out the connection line from the gap of the black paper.
6. Disconnect the connection of the fan by pulling the connection out the plug labeled in step-5-figure-1.
5. Remove the fan and put it on the platform.
TIP: As it shown in step-5-figure-2, there are some lines pasted on the back of the fan, please take care of that.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.