Introduction: Almond Mochachino Body Scrub
Most organic coffee scrubs are in the $20 - $30 range, often touting that they contain all natural ingredients. However, in this case, you can easily buy the organic, all natural (and fair trade) ingredients separately and mix them up yourself for way less and in just a few minutes!
This makes body scrubs a great candidate for gifts - you can even make personalized labels!
Almond Mochachino Body Scrub Recipe
|2 cups||Raw Turbinado Sugar||Exfoliate|
|3/4 cup||Almond Oil||Moisturizer, Vitamin E|
|1/4 cup, ground||Coffee||Vascodialtor (Reduces redness, firms skin)|
|3 Tbs||Cocoa Powder||Antioxidant|
|2 Tbs||Cocoa Butter||Moisturizer, Antioxidant, Vitamin E|
|2 Tbs||Vegetable Glycerin||Moisturizer|
Step 1: Create Container
- 1 Pint plastic container
- Paper towels (if needed)
- Printer/printer paper
- Laminate sheets
Note: If using a different container, keep in mind that glass (especially for something with a lot of oil) could break and obviously, if using metal, make sure it will not rust.
- Wash out plastic bulk container
- Wrap a wet paper towel around outside to loosen label
- Completely remove labels(s) and all traces of adhesive
Make and Affix Label
- Print out your very own label on regular paper or sticky-backed stock (template attached)
- Laminate label using individual laminating sheet, or a real lamination machine if you are running a fake ID ring
- Cut out label to fit lid
- Glue on label
Step 2: Mix Up Scrub
This will take all of 5 minutes...
- In a mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients
- Add in oil
- Melt the cocoa butter and stir it into the mixture
Fill container, cover and give someone an awesome gift, or keep for yourself!
Directions: Gently massage scrub over skin. Rinse with warm water. Do not use on face or neck (the skin is too delicate for a strong exfoliant) or on bottom of feet (don't slip in the tub!).
Keep water out of mix as much as possible. Scrub will be fine for at least a couple months, but probably no more than 6 months. Oil will go bad eventually, but the vitamin E, sea salt and cinnamon help prevent bacterial growth.
Thanks for reading!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.