The Next Step
• Make more hot air collectors and mount them on the house to offset the heating bills. Possibly insulate the collector to reduce loss of heat through the side and back.
• Reduce the fossil fuels we use.
• I placed the completed collector in a place where the sun shines for most of the day.
• I placed a thermometer near the top hole of the collector.
• I recorded readings every hour.
• The reading of 53°C on the meter is the collector inside temperature as you can see the thermometer gauge inside.
• On test day the maximum outside temperature for April 19, 2010 was 15°C.
• The difference gave us a range of 20°C to 50.9°C free heat.
• 10:00 am 46°C / 114.8°F
• 11:00 am 58.5°C / 137.3°F
• 12:00 pm 63.1°C /145.58 °F
• 1:00 pm 65.9°C / 150.62°F
• 2:00 pm 62.4°C / 144.32°F
• 3:00 pm 54.3°C / 129.74°F
• 4:00 pm 35.0°C / 95°F