This Instructable is a guide to how to mod your remote garage door opener to fit inside an Original Altoids tin. The remote I used was a Craftsman, but I'm pretty sure you could adapt this to work for almost any remote. You may want to unplug your actual openers, as you will be pushing the buttons a lot.
Also, this is my first Instructable, so some constructive criticism would be nice.
Step 1: Recipe
Your ingredients are...
1) An Original Altoids or similar tin
2) A garage door opener you can take apart
3) Some rigid plastic packaging (From the really hard-to-open plastic packaging)
4) Duct tape
5) About an inch or so of wire for each contact
- Drill and drill bit to drill holes in tin
- Scissors you can cut rigid plastic with
- Soldering Iron and Solder
- Elmer's Glue or super glue
- A little bit of extra plastic for a button spacer if needed
- Tin snips (optional)