I quickly turned around, looking for the first aid kit (it could be a medic emergency) or a knife (It could be a rat. A big bad mutant rat with evil red eyes). But the situation was worst than I thought.
They send us the wrong paper towels.
We have displays for scrolls of paper towels, but nothing had prepared us for multifold paper towels. Box-shaped, multifold, horrible, paper towels.
Some people suggested to leave it this way without using the display for scrolls. A beautiful and smart co-worker (I won't say her name because I don't want the NASA take her away from us, due to her extraordinary out-of-the-box thinking) succesfully inserted the multifold paper towels into the cylinder.
But I didn't give up. I had to invent a more complicated way for keeping the paper towels in a display.
Then I remembered I had an extra damaged speaker from the Robot Lamp I made as first project. And it had the correct shape and size. So, how I solved this problem? As the same way I solve most of the problems: Junkbots!!
Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you... AMADEUS, THE NAPKINS HOLDER JUNKBOT!
And if you don't have paper towels or napkins, you can use it for brochures.
(Yes, I know. I promise, the next three projects won't be junkbots. I'm becoming the Derek Zoolander of the DIY world)
Step 1: Stuff
- 1 small speaker (Logitec), big enough for the napkins/towels/brochures you want to keep.
- 2 corner brace inside L (1in. x 1/2in.)
- Plastic junk
- 1 damaged camera lens
- 1 damaged webcam
- 1 laptop power adapter
- 2 small damaged computer fans
- Nuts, screws and bolts
- Iron washers
- Superglue (cyanoacrylate)
Dremel Rotary Tool
And don't forget:
1. If you don't have it, replace it!
2. Use protective equipment (dust mask and goggles)
3. Beware of drilled and soldered hot surfaces
4. Work in a good ventilated area.
5. Always have junk in stock.
6. Wash and desinfect carefully every of junk.
7. Have fun
8. Watch out for the correct shape of your papel towels.
Step 2: The Body
Step 3: Legs
Cut the wires of the fans. Attach the fans to the laptop case.
Step 4: Arms
Step 5: The Eye
Wash your junkbot, let it dry, put some paper towels and enjoy your decorative napkin holder!