This recipe has 4 ingredients. It can be prepared in about 5 minutes and baked in about 20 minutes after that. It requires no electric mixer, no double boiler, no sifting, and can be fun to make (and eat) with kids. I like mine with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top!
This Instructable includes the simple recipe and a short video to show you how to make them.
Step 1: The Video
The how-to video is here:
Amazing Mini Chocolate Cake Video
Step 2: Get Your Ingredients Together
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 Stick Butter
- 4 ramekin bowls (ours are 3"x 1.5" interior dimensions)
- 1 mixing bowl
- 1 small pot
- 1 measuring cup
- 1 whisk or long spoon
- Oven and pot holders
Note: The ramekins are oven proof and nice to display the mini cakes in. They cost about $1 each on Amazon. If you don't have these ramekins handy, use small oven safe bowls.
Step 3: Mix the Eggs and Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Crack and mix the 3 eggs in the mixing bowl.
- Add the sugar to the eggs.
Step 4: Mix the Chocolate and Butter
- Put the pot on the stove top and set to medium low heat.
- Add the butter to the pot.
- When the butter is half melted, add the chocolate chips to the pot.
- Mix the chocolate chips and butter until the mixture is ALMOST all liquid then shut off the heat.
- Pour the egg/sugar mixture INTO the butter/chocolate pot.
- Mix some more until it thickens slightly.