Step 1: Dismantling the Joystick
Step 3: Constructing the Circuit
To construct this circuit you will need:
- 3V (flat) watch battery
- USB Type-A to Type-B Cable
- A short piece of wire
- Soldering Iron and third-hand
- Electric Tape
Step 4: Preparing the USB Cable
There's a lot of metal sheathing beneath the rubber....the outer layer is composed of a large number of thin wires and the inner layer is a foil coating....both these layers need to be removed (it's really easy with a pair of scissors)
you will need to have about an inch of wiring stripped of all rubber and metal sheathing.
At this point we are interested in the GND (black) and V+ (red) lines of the USB cable. Strip off a small part of the rubber coating from the black and red wires.
Step 5: Hooking up the switch and battery
2) Attach some electric tape to the black wire of the usb cable
3) stick the black wire to the '-' side of the battery, using the electric tape.
4) strip the ends off a short piece of wire. bend one end of the wire and place over the '+' side of the battery.
5) Cover with the same piece of tape used in step 3 and press firmly to make sure that there is a good contact between the wires and the battery terminals.
6) Solder the other end of the wire (now connected to the battery's '+' terminal) to the other terminal of the switch used in step 1