Introduction: Ammo Box Speakers Enclosures
I wanted to build speakers cabinet for my girlfriend. I like the design of this speaker so I tried to make something similar. I decided to use cal 50 amo boxes because they are cheap, waterproof and have good volume to build cabinet.
Step 1: Supplies
In order to do this, I used the folowing suff :
- 2 cal 50 ammo box, you can find it on Amazon or in a local Army Surplus store.
- 2 JVC speakers reclaimed from old cabinet
- 2 Blaupunkt speaker reclaimed from a car audio
- you can find this kind of speakers everywhere on internet
- Acoustic foam, you can find it on Amazon or in a local DIY store
- Terminal speaker block, you can find it on Amazon
- Linen fabric, you can find i on Aliexpress
- Glue Neopren contact, you can find in a local DIY store
- Steel tube
- Wire, screws
The tools I used :
- Drill + hole saw
- soldering iron
Step 2: Box Drilling
First of all, I drew boxes on autocad in order to identify some drilling to be realized.
I did a boxe's diagram because it allowed me to check the bulk represented by the speakers. Then I did 4 different holes of diameters for each box :
- 2 for speakers (which depend on the diameter of speakers used)
- 1 for the terminal speaker block
- 1 for the steel tube used for the bass reflex system
In order to make these holes,I used a jigsaw for the biggest speakers holes and drill + hole saw for the others holes.
I don't have a lot of pictures for this step sorry ...
Step 3: Speakers Mounting
To mount big speakers, I did wood struts on which I stuck 3 coats of double-sided.
I used theses struts to mount speaker inside the box. I added screws for sturdiness.
To mount smaller speakers, I only stuck 1 or 2 coats.
Afterwards I stuck pieces of acoustic foam on all sides inside the box except those were fixed on the speakers.
Step 5: Bass Reflex Tube and Terminal Mounting
To mount the bass reflex tube and terminal I used Sugru and clamps.
I took advantage of this step to solder acoustic wire on speaker.
The speakers are now finished and functional, there's only a little of decoration to be made.
Step 7: Linen Fabric
I glued linen fabric with neoprene spray
Step 8: Final Result
Thank you very much for reading, my English is not perfect but I'm doing my best ;)
I hope I gave you some ideas ! If you like this intructable and have any suggestions, questions or tips please let me know and vote for it !
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.