This was my first attempt at building this speaker BOOM
box and it turned out great. Bellow is the list of parts I used. I also re wired the IR sensor the outside the box so I can use the remote without opening the box. I rewired the FM antenna to the outside also. Every hole I drilled was sealed with 5200 Marine Sealant including two big speaker holes.
I plan to spray paint the speaker covers flat black.
The sound is just amazing, I am very happy with the speaker selection and do recommended to anyone for just about any application.
- .50 Caliber Ammo Box $20.00
· - Polk Audio db401 4’’ 2 way waterproof speakers $60.00
· - Lepai LP-A68 Digital 2 x 15W Amplifier USB/MP3/SD/FM $25.00
· - Power Sonic PS-1272 F1 (12 Volts 7.2Amp. Hr.) Battery $25.00
- NOCO Genius G750 6V/12V 750mA Amp Smart Battery Charger and Maintainer $30.00
- SanDisk Cruzer Blade USB 32GB Flash Drive (SDCZ50-032G-A11) $30.00
· - Polyester Fiberfill Stuffing (polyfill) $10.00
· - Polyurethane Acoustical $10.00
· - 3M 5200 Marine Sealant $10.00
· - Velcro $5.00