Introduction: Motion Controlled Camera Using MESH SDK
Do you want to automate your camera to capture your pet's best moments while you are not home? The MESH Motion Sensor makes it possible for cameras that support SDK. For example, we have placed a MESH Motion Sensor next to cat food and cat toys to capture the moment the cat is eating or playing.
How does it work?
Using a camera which supports SDK will allow you to use the MESH SDK feature to import or export Java code using the MESH SDK page. The MESH Motion Sensor is "Detecting" the pet moving and translates this movement as a signal to the camera to capture photo within its range.
Step 1: Materials
- 1x MESH Motion
- Sony Camera Model (HDR-AS100V) or any other model that support SDK.
As always, you can get MESH IoT blocks on Amazon at 5% off with discount code MAKERS00 as a thank you for checking out our Instructable and get more information about MESH IoT blocks here.
Step 2: Launch MESH SDK to Connect MESH and Sony Camera
Step 3: Create a New Tag for Sony Camera in the MESH SDK
Once you've created an account for MESH SDK, you can then create a new custom tag RICOH THETA in the MESH app.
- In the MESH SDK, tap "Create New Tag" to create a new custom tag.
- Tap "Import"
Step 4: Import Code to Create the SDK Custom Tag for Sony Camera
- Download the code file below.
- Open the file and copy the code.
- Paste the code into the import section and click "Load" then "Ok"
- Make sure to save your custom tag settings before exiting from the SDK page to avoid losing inputted data.
Step 5: Create the Recipe in the MESH App.
Select the Custom Tag (Camera Tag) That You Created
- Tap the "+" icon in the Custom section on the dashboard to add a custom tag.
- Select the Camera custom tag from the list. (The new tag will be added to the Custom section of the dashboard).
- Drag-and-drop the Camera tag into the recipe on the canvas and connect the Motion tag to the Camera tag.
- Adjust the functionalities of the Motion tag according to your preference.
Step 6: Test, Run, and Enjoy!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.