Introduction: Making an Ancient Construction
This is an entry in the
Minecraft Challenge 2018
What is Mine craft?
Mine craft is an online virtual playground and workshop, where kids of all ages can safely interact, create, have fun, and learn. It’s unique in that practically everything on Mine craft is designed and constructed by members of the community.
Mine craft is designed for 8 to 18 year old, but it is open to people of all ages. Each player starts by choosing an avatar and giving it an identity. They can then explore Mine craft — interacting with others by chatting, playing games, or collaborating on creative projects. Each player is also given their own piece of the undeveloped real estate along with a virtual toolbox with which to design and build anything — be it a navigable skyscraper, a working helicopter, a giant pinball machine, a multiplayer “Capture the Flag” game or some other, yet to be dreamed-up creation. There is no cost for this first plot of virtual land.
By participating and by building cool stuff, Minecraft members can earn speciality badges as well as Minecraft dollars (“Minecraft”). In turn, they can shop the online catalogue to purchase avatar clothing and accessories as well as premium building materials, interactive components, and working mechanisms.
What is it all about?
After installing Minecraft on your laptop or Windows machine, you can choose between two basic modes of play: Creativity and Survival. In creative mode, you are playing God. With unlimited supply of raw materials you craft and plan the world as you would have recreate it.In survival mode, the game divides into two parts – day and night modes, and like in real life, the scary and fun part usually starts after nightfall. When the sun is out, you dedicate your time to create your buildings and structures, but after dark, evil creatures try to attack and ruin everything you built during the day.
The only limits are those of your imagination.
If you haven’t tried this one yet – you should know that this one is a must try.
If you are new to Mine craft please Watch this video.
After a long time I have made this building in the mine craft. I have tried to make a 17th century/ancient church in the game.Not much but it have tried to make the same, as history has depicted in that era.
So let’s get started.
I have provided Video at the end of the instructable if you are familiar with the game so you can keep along.
Step 1: Understanding the Layout
In the image you can see:
- West-tower:-It is located in the west side of Church.
- Nave/Aisle:-It is a Main hall where the preaching is happening. Consists of benches, candles, etc.
- Parsonage:-A humble home for priest.
- Apsis:-It is a semi-circular area added to the east side of the nave so priest can stand there.
Step 2: Required Blocks
- Wood x545
- Concrete x125
- Dark oak fences x8
- Cobble stone block x187
- Oak wood staris x285
- Oak wood plank x57
- Oak wood slab x71
- Buttons x11
- Spruce wood fence x4
- Spruce fence gate x2
- Cobblestone wall x64
- Cobblestone stairs x24
- Glass x25
- Dark wood stairs x8
- Oak fence x10
Step 3: Adding Blocks to Base Structure.
- Add the wood blocks to the base layout by leaving the one gap/block until you get the U-Shape. Then give the block the height of 6 block.
- Now, add the Cross beam to it.
- After completing the cross beam, by leaving one block from the top add the side way block just below the cross beam all across the side except the left side centre.
Step 4: Making the Side Pillars
- Make a double side pillars across all the four corner with an overhanging block. After that add a centre block in between so you’re starting corner pillar and upwards pillars are in same direction.
- After that take the center block (single marked with red circle) and make a tower in all four directions (as seen in the red square)
Step 5: Completing the Side Pillar Construction
Add the block between two side pillars leaving one center side blank, so that door can be added later.
Step 6: Construction of Roof
- For making a roof first add cross section beam to all sides of the up structure.
- Then from the corner move diagonally one block up, and again diagonally up two block up. Repeat that to all sides.
Step 7: Adding the Necessary Block to the Ground
- Now add the stabilizing 2 column of 5 block each on the ground.
- For entrance add 2 column of 3 block each.
- For parsonage add 2 column of 3 block each and at center add 2 block with the cross section and join them behind the structure.
Step 8: Adding Building Materials
- Add the fences in the inside in the top direction.
- Now add the concrete to the remaining block with the gaps.
- After adding concrete add the cobblestone inside the corners of the pillars.
Step 9: Adding Blocks Further
- Now add the roof up to the entrance.
- After that add buttons to the overhanging logs
Step 10: Finishing the Roof
- Add the stairs to the all corner, then add plank as one in left and right side and one in the middle.
- Now add the stairs so you get the first side of the roof as shown in the figure.
- Repeat this process in all direction.
Step 11: Making a Cross
- Add four spruce wood fences and from that add spruce wood gate so you get a cross.
- If you want to add cobblestone to the roof on the wood log you can add.
Step 12: Constructing Nave and Apsis
- Make a frame for the nave and apsis by leaving one block and one 6 block high and one 7 block high.
- Now prepare the roof for nave and apsis using the stair log.
- Add crossbeam inside the nave across all sides.
Step 13: Making Walls
- Add cobblestone and cobblestone at the entrance of the door to give realistic look.
- After that add the cobblestone to the all wall of the nave and apsis in the all direction.
Step 14: Making Roof for Nave and Apsis
- Add the stairs log and make the roof. Repeat this for the other side.
- After that add the cobblestone on the leftover log to give a touch. (You can add if you want it depend on you as this is extra that I have added).
- After that add the glass to the remaining window which were left blank.
Step 15: Finishing the Church Construction
- Now add the door to the entrance.
- Now inside add the fire so looks good.
- Now make seating arrangement in the nave and platform for the apsis.
Step 16: FINISHED!
Now for the inside decoration, you can make your own inside decoration.I have made as per my choice you can see in the images
Please do vote if you like my instructable as it is in the Mine craft contest.
Follow me for more updates
Step 17: Full Tutorial
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.