Hello Hungry Internet Connoisseur, if you are reading this Instructable in search of an easy to make, tasty and beloved by all snack then you have come to the right place! Andes Mountain Mint Bars are easy to make, and are popular through all ages! It is even made with mostly common household ingredients (minus the food coloring) and is worth the very minimal time and energy it takes to make. I decided to make this a photo heavy Instructable as my friend Will did an amazing job with photography and should be appreciated as such.
Step 1: Ingredients
1. 1 sticks butter
2. 1 cup powdered sugar
3. 1 table spoon milk
4. A dash of mint extract (to flavor)
5. A few drops of green food coloring (or any other color if you want to get festive)
Chocolate Layer (x 2)
1. 1 stick of butter
2. Cup of chocolate chips
Step 2: Chocolate Layer #1
Although the chocolate layers are perhaps the simplest and easiest to make part of this recipe, it really brings the recipe together. Once you get past the obscene amount of butter used you can drown in unique minty chocolaty ecstasy.
1. Melt a stick of butter and a cup of chocolate chips in the microwave at 50% power (may vary based on microwave) until soft enough to blend.
2. Whip the newly formed chocolatey butter until smooth
Step 3: Finishing First Layer
1. Pour evenly into a pan of your choice and spread evenly
2. Insert into freezer while you are creating your other layers
The freezing process is done so that adding layers doesn't destroy the integrity of those underneath. Please make sure that the layer is sufficiently cooled and hardened before adding more.
Step 4: Onto the Mint!
The Mint mixture can be changed to add your own personal flair to things! If you suddenly have an insatiable urge to create an American flag imbued in a chocolate heaven, hey, who am I to stop you?
1. Melt yet another stick of butter
2. Mix with one cup powdered sugar
3. Add one tablespoon of milk