Step 1: Ingredients
1. 1 sticks butter
2. 1 cup powdered sugar
3. 1 table spoon milk
4. A dash of mint extract (to flavor)
5. A few drops of green food coloring (or any other color if you want to get festive)
Chocolate Layer (x 2)
1. 1 stick of butter
2. Cup of chocolate chips
Step 2: Chocolate Layer #1
1. Melt a stick of butter and a cup of chocolate chips in the microwave at 50% power (may vary based on microwave) until soft enough to blend.
2. Whip the newly formed chocolatey butter until smooth
Step 3: Finishing First Layer
2. Insert into freezer while you are creating your other layers
The freezing process is done so that adding layers doesn't destroy the integrity of those underneath. Please make sure that the layer is sufficiently cooled and hardened before adding more.
Step 4: Onto the Mint!
1. Melt yet another stick of butter
2. Mix with one cup powdered sugar
3. Add one tablespoon of milk
Step 5: Finishing the Mint
2. Add a some drops of green (or any other food coloring) to the paste until it is a color of your liking
Step 6: Second Layer Is Finished!
1.Remove the previously made chocolate layer from the freezer
2. Test if the chocolate mixture has congealed enough to take pressure
3. If not put back into freezer and wait. Go read a book or something.
4. If so, pour Mint Icing onto chocolatey layer making sure to spread evenly
5. Return it back to its icy homeland in
As seen in the pictures below a variation was made where instead of a first layer of chocolate we made it with chocolate chip brownies. The possibilities are endless :D
Step 7: Repeat Step #2
Enjoy these pictures while you make the 3rd and final layer of your beautiful snack.
Step 8: Pulling It All Together!
2. Once again test the surface with a spoon or other prodding device for tensile strength
3. If it is chilled enough to take another layer continue, if not return it to the freezer and wait
4. Add your last layer! You are almost to the point were your taste buds get to dance majestically in the mint chocolate waves
Step 9: Finishing Notes
The great thing I love about this recipe is it allows for anyone to use it for any sort of dessert. You could even make one or two layers to top a cake or your favorite Ben & Jerry's Icecream. Just remember to have fun and clean up when you are finished.