It's common to have a couple of old or outdated android phones lying about collecting dustThen it occurred to me, why not turn it into a local wireless surveillance camera? I decided to do just that. Basically, what I am about to show you is how to turn an old android phone with a camera into a local wireless surveillance camera so you can spy on people in your house.
Step 1: Step 1
1. Download an app called IP Webcam from the play store. This use your phone to broadcast video over your home network. #
2. Once this is done, open the app and scroll down the list until you come to the bottom and see the 'start server' button. Click that.
3. Conceal the phone somewhere discreet. Make sure the camera has a good view of the room you want to spy on. You might want to plug it in, as it may lose power quickly.
4. Make note of the IP address and port number at the bottom of your screen.
Step 2: Step 2
1. Download an app called 'tinyCam Monitor Free'.
2. Run it and click no when it asks if you want to automatically add random cameras.
3. Click the + button or add a camera (under the manage cameras menu).
4. Scroll down the list. When it says 'Camera vendor', change the default to 'IP webcam for android'.
5. Just underneath that, put in your IP and port number from step 2.
6. Back out of the menu until you get to the home screen of the app and press 'Live View'.
7, If you followed the steps correctly, you should see a screen with a view of your kitchen or wherever you chose to put your camera.
Note: If you want your camera to see in the dark, get some infared LED's. Look it up.
Note 2: Notice how you can have up to 4 cameras connected at any one time... More uses for old android phones!
Note 3: Hours of fun to be had pointing your camera at your viewing screen :D
Have fun spying! ;D
Step 3: Troubleshooting
2. Are both your devices connected to the internet?
3. Does your camera have anything blocking its view?
4. Have you put in the IP address correctly?
5. Have you put in the correct server port?
6. Have you tried turning it off and on again;)