With the economy in a bad place, I can't afford a case for my android tablet (yes I know I wasted all my money on an android tablet).
I came up with case that cost about $5. If you have the stuff at home it may cost you less.
1. Razors or scissors
2. Fabric (I used a pillow case) 40 in. x 40 in.
3. Needle and Thread or Sewing Machine
4. White colored pencil
5. Cardboard (18 in x 14 in.)
7. Clothes Iron
Step 1: Prep your Fabric and cut your cardboard
1. Iron your fabric it will make it easy to sew.
2. Once your finished ironing, cut your fabric to 10 in. x 30½ in.
3. Cut your cardboard into 2 pieces, both should be 8½ in. x 6 ¾ in.
Step 2: Aligning your cover.
Lay your fabric out and place your 2 pieces of card board in the middle and fold the fabric over the cardboard to cover the cardboard. As shown in the picture.
Step 3: Aligning the other side
Step 4: Spine width
As in the picture, you can just use your finger, all you are trying to do is make sure that the fabric is tight around your cardboard.
Step 5: The remaining side measurement
Step 6: Marking your sewing spots
Use your white colored pencil and mark the top and bottom of the case, but not the spine leave it blank.
Step 8: Now on to sewing
That is why we didn't sew the spine together it makes it easier to take the cardboard out.