I had made "themed" cupcakes before, for Easter and Christmas, but thought it might be fun to make cupcakes in the "Angry Birds" theme as well.
In this Instructable, a step by step is provided to make the green pig and red bird.
Step 1: You will need
- Colored sugar paste; you can make this yourself by mixing food coloring with white sugar paste, or buy it ready-made.
- Black little candy balls.
- A sharp knife.
- Cutters in different shapes (like the ones used to make cookies).
- A rolling pin.
- Shortening, or another type of grease that doesn't have a "sharp" taste.
- A black pen which can be used on food.
- An example of what you want to make (such as the printed out page in the intro step, showing the Angry Birds characters).
Step 2: Making the basis of the Pig
This will avoid the sugar paste sticking to the table.
I use a plastic pad to cover the table, and protect it when cutting in the paste, but you can also cut out the pieces of sugar paste in a plate.
To start the Pig, take a bit of green sugar paste, roll it out, and cut out a circle shape, which will cover the top of your cupcake.
You can use the knife to help lift the base, without changing its shape too much.
Cover the cupcake with the green base, and try to avoid bumps while draping the sugar paste.
Step 3: Pig's nose
Attach it to the middle of your cupcake.
If it doesn't stick well, you can add a little bit of water as "glue".
Push two little black candy balls in the nose, to make nostrils.