- Fleece material for the blanket itself - any color you like is fine
- Felt pieces - in red, black, off-white or tan, white & orange
- sewing machine
Step 1: Cut Out Pattern & Pieces
Next, make sure your blanket fleece is trimmed and cut to the size you desire. Then locate the area where you plan to sew on the Angry Bird - and mark it with chalk. Layout all the pieces you cut onto that spot, so you can make any changes or move onto sewing.
*If you're making your red Angry Bird on fleece that is also red, then I recommend that you cut out one additional circle in white (either fleece or felt is fine) - and make sure the white circle is about a 1/2 inch bigger than the red one. Then trace and cutout your main red circle in felt or fleece. The reason I did this is to show some contrast in the colors - and the blanket looks nicer this way. Then sew the red circle onto the white one.*
Tips for Sewing:
- If you have a "fancy" sewing machine, and you are comfortable using a different stitch, something similar to the "blanket stitch" - and you have the time & patience to do so, I recommend it as it looks better & holds the edges in nicely
- Otherwise, it is fine to stitch with the standard sewing machine stitches
- I don't recommend stitching all this by hand - as the material becomes very thick and it would be difficult
Step 2: Sewing the Pieces
Next, I sewed on the Angry Bird's orange beak. And, then I sewed the black piece that goes underneath the whites of the eyes. Then I sewed on the black eyes and the eyebrows, and red spots on the cheeks.