This is my version of vegetable pizza... Revamped to be not only fun and easy to make, but tasty too! This is great for adults and children alike, and you can use it to make just about anything colorful. I chose Angry Birds, but the possibilities really are endless. This also has no meat in it, so if you are a vegetarian and eat cheese and milk, this is perfect for you!
Let's get started:)
Step 1: Get it Together
• 2 cans of crescent rolls
• 1 cup of mayonnaise
• 2 packages of cream cheese (softened)
• Veggies (I used broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, and a tomato)
• Food coloring
• Shredded cheddar cheese
• Bacon bits (get Imitation if you choose to keep it vegetarian-read the ingredient list on the package of bacon bits)
• One package (1 oz.) Hidden Valley Ranch mix
• 1 cookie sheet
• Large mixing bowl
• 2 smaller bowls
• A mixer makes things easier, you can mix it by hand though
• A cutting board and a knife
• A measuring cup
• Soap and water (for your hands =]
Step 2: Bake the Birdy... Not Really!
First, let's make the crescent rolls. Preheat your oven to 375, or as the package directs. You will need to spread the crescent rolls out and make sure they are all connected. If you have extra dough, just smash it all in. I made a slightly raised crust by pinching up the edges. You can use your fingers to do this whole thing. Just seal up all the holes.
Place your crescent rolls in the oven for 12 minutes or until golden brown on top.
While they are cooking, let's move on to the next step