Introduction: Angry Birds Painted Pumpkins
I'm sure this has been done eleventy million times this Halloween, but my two sons love Angry Birds and I've never been one for originality.
- Pumpkins (of course) varied in size
- Acrylic paints (Blue, Green, Yellow, Red and white - Mix yellow and red for beak orange)
- Paint brushes
- Black Sharpies (I use them for everything) Thin and Thick
- Optional : Spray on polyurethane
- Wash the pumpkins to get off all the dirt and grime from the pumpkin fields.
- Paint the pumpkins that will be getting the lighter colored paints with a white primer. (Learn from my mistakes/laziness)
- Paint all of your pumpkins the full solid colors first and let dry.
- Once they are dry use a thin sharpie to draw on your faces.
- Paint in the eyes, beaks and chest colors. (Don't worry much about staying in the lines, we will clean these up with the thick sharpie once paint drys.)
- Once the faces are dry you can go over your thin sharpie lines with the thick Sharpie, thicken the lines up as needed to create a finished look.
- Color in all black items with black sharpie: Eyebrows, Eyeballs and such.
- Optional: Coat all of your pumpkins with a spray on polyurethane coat. This will make them more durable and resistant to rain. I didn't do thins because I am lazy.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.