Step 1: Get the basics (drawings, materials, tools, etc)
Materials and tools:
- Foamies Sheets (2mm thick) of various colors. Black and white are needed.
- Felt Pieces for the eyelids
- Misc. circular items to use as patterns (hole punch is a handy tool for the small white pieces)
- Scissors, Xacto set, and a glue gun
- (optional) "Hook and Loop" tape - for swappable eyes
Step 2: Make patterns
Step 3: Trace and Cut out pieces
After you have it all layed out, cut the Iris pice and fit the pupil, and white reflections.
Step 5: Felt placement
Extra note: Before you glue the iris' on, move them slightly up, so you can add some felt for a bottom eyelid.
Each image shows my gluing procedure.