I am making this as a quick and simple entry for the Pocket Contest. I chose quick and simple because I think that embodies the purpose of this contest. Rather than creating a new device to shove into already jammed pockets I decided to go the route of solving an existing problem.
Tangled earphone wires.
Everybody has had it happen. Everybody hates it.
I've tested this method out on a few different types of earphone cords. The easiest to "link" are classic earbuds without volume adjustment pieces, whereas the hardest cords to work with are the "ribbon" style earbuds.
Because so many people have volume adjusting earbuds these days I thought it would be best to use these and tackle a few difficulties that may occur.