This build should only take few hours to complete. I hope you find it enjoyable to make as I did with this build.
These 3.7 volt Lithium batteries really light these LED's up!
Step 1: Tools And Parts
Needle nose pliers
Soldering Iron & Flux and solder
Small Flathead screwdriver
9 LED Flashlight from dollar store or any Home Depot carries them for 2.99 or cheaper.
Some lengths of copper wire. (Needs to small enough for 2 of them to fit down the hole in the Socket)
1 3.7 volt Lithium cell phone battery.
1 Single pole toggle switch $3.39 At Radio Shack.
1 USB female connector.
1 USB male connector.
Step 2: Removing the cord
1. Now use the flat head screwdiver to gently pry off the brass housing be careful not to mar it up Its antique!
2. The housing is off.
3. Pull off the carboard insulator to expose the wire screws.
4. Use the flat head screwdriver to losen the screws and remove the the light bulb socket from the lamp and pull the wire out of the bottom of the lamp as well.
Save you cord for another project down the road or start recycling that old wire.
Step 3: Preparing The Socket
1. You want to use the needle nose pliers to carefully break this off by bending it up & down.
2. Line up the Socket & Insulator and cover and slide into place.