- Muddy Boots rolling around in the back of your car.
- The plastic bag which either rips, because it's cheap, or your boots are so large they hardly fit.
- You leave your boots in the plastic bag after the tip - only to return weeks later to find they have gone really sweaty and horrible, or worse still they have damaged the leather/fabric.
- Regretted seeing Apple Boxes thrown away :(
YOU WILL NEED:
- Walking Boots
- 1 Apple Box (which your walking boots can fit into on their side).
- A Knife/Scissors.
- A Pencil.
- [optional], glue/tape/zip-tie.
- 5 Mins. Probably less. In fact it probably takes longer to read my overly detailed Instructable!
YOU WILL NOT NEED:
- Special Tools
- Fancy skills with cardboard (though you can visit Design Modelling, if you would like them).
Anyway – read on for ingenious cardboard solution to walking boot storage and how YOU can make one too…
Step 1: Re-use the Recycling - Get a Box
Check your boots fit in the side - as show.
Step 2: Cut the Sides & Make a Fold
Make a fold in the middle. Either
- by just bending it with force.
- by cutting out a little fillet of card, as shown.... make sit easier to bend.
Step 3: [Optional] - Fix Sides Together
I used a Zip-Tie, but you could use tape or glue, etc.
Step 4: Make a Handle
Cut out carefully, through both sides.
Step 5: Trim Off Excess Cardboard
Because you're a Pro.