Step 1: Making of the Pear Filling
1 medium sized pear
1 tablespoon of cinnamon
1 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
1/2 a cup of brown sugar packed
1/2 a cup of water hot
1/4 cup water 1/4 cup flour slurry
1/4 a cup of white sugar
Note: I will be making three batches for three cakes, so my batch will be bigger than yours. But only for the pear filling everything else will be the same.
1. Peel and dice your pear into 1x1 cm cubes, and put in a small to medium pot.
2. Turn your burner onto medium high and place your pot on the burner.
3. Heat up your pears till they start letting off a bit of steam. While this is happening mix your half a cup of water with your cinnamon and nutmeg.
4. Mix in your water, cinnamon solution in with the pears ,and let that boil.
5. when it starts boiling a potato masher and start mashing the pears till you have small bits(note do not smash them till they are a pear sauce because when you do this the cake won't cook all the way through).
6. Boil the sauce down till it is a little thicker, so for about five minutes. Then add your brown sugar.
7. When it's fully incorporated add the slurry mixture(note if your sauce isn't thick enough then add another slurry with the same proportions).
8. Add the end add the sugar and take off of the heat to cool.
Step 2: Making of the Cake
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar packed
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
3 large eggs, lightly beaten
3/4 cup canola oil
3/4 cup applesauce
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups peeled and finely chopped apples
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Stir together 3 cups flour and next 7 ingredients in a large bowl. Making sure not to stir in any wet ingredients.
3. stir in eggs and next 3 ingredients.
4. Make sure that all of the dry and wet ingredients are combine.
5. Stir in apples
6. Lightly butter and flour a bundt pan it can either be silicon or metal.
7. Pour in 2/3 of the cake mixture into the pan.
8. Ladle in your pear filling and use a knife to swirl it around(note make sure that the filling is at least half an inch from the edge of the pan).
9. Pour in the remaining cake batter.
10. Bake for 1 - 1 1/2 hours depending on your oven.
11. When done take out of the oven and let it cool in the pan for 10 minuets.
12. Put your plate on top of the cake flip and wiggle the cake out.
Step 3: Making of the Glaze
1/2 cup brown sugar packed
1/4 cup butter
3 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup powdered sugar
1. Bring 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup butter, and 3 Tbsp. milk to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium heat, whisking constantly; boil 1 minute, whisking constantly.
2. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
3. Gradually whisk in powdered sugar until smooth; stir gently 3 to 5 minutes or until mixture begins to cool and thickens slightly.
4. Pour immediately over cake.
5. Dust with powdered sugar and enjoy