This is a project my wife saw somewhere and wanted to do. To be honest she did most of the work while I really just helped out, putting it together for the most part, and documented.
Step 1: Materials & Tools
- 4x Apple Boxes - If you can upcycle actual apple crates that's a plus but they are also available from most craft/fabric stores.
- Wood Screws - The necessary size depends on the thickness of the wood in the crates and the actual construction of the crates.
- Wood Filler
- Primer - We went with a distressed sort of look so the primer color was important as it shows through.
- Paint - A semi gloss or glossier paint is recommended as it aids in keeping the table clean.
- Wood Blocks (Optional) - Depending on the furniture around where the table will be placed you may choose to attach feet to put the table top at a more usable height.
- Countersink Bit
- Paint Brush (Optional) - Used to apply the paint in a non uniform manner for stylistic reasons. Also necessary if you aren't using spray paint.