Step 1: Before begining
- NES controller
- Apple Remote
- Soldering Iron, Vacuum plunger or solder wick. (Trust me, you will make mistakes)
- Dremel tool (or a saw, with a lot of skills and patience)
- Small screwdrivers, Needle-nose pliers, wire cutter, cable stripper
- Wires (I think I used 22 gauge, but it can be a bigger gauge. It needs to fit in the controller's holes)
- Safety Glasses
- Spare time
- Multimeter or Voltmeter
Warning : Safety first. When soldering and desoldering, use glasses ! It's important. You don't want to have tin in your eyes. So , be careful.
Don't forget to take your time.
Also, I assume you have some skills in soldering. I'll try to explain the best I can, but I might jump over some obvious steps. Still, if you have any questions, I'll be glad to answer them :).
All right, let's start !
Step 2: Opening NES controller
In this step, we are going to :
- Desolder the chip on the PCB
- Cut & desolder the cable
- Modify some of the case
1 and 2. Front and back of the simple PCB.
3. The top controller is unmodified and the bottom one if the modified case. I used my dremel tool to cut the plastic.
4. Other part of the NES case.