Introduction: Apple Pecan Pie
Flaky crusted pie with a tasty, sweet apple pecan filling!
Step 1: Crust
1. For the crust, gather:
1 1/4 cups of all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1/2 cup butter, chilled and diced
1/4 cup of ice water
2. In a food processor, combine flour, salt, and butter. Add water gradually until mixture forms a ball or when picked up and pinched it forms a dough.
3. Place dough in clear plastic wrap and in the fridge to cool. *If needed place in freezer to chill faster*
Step 2: Pecans
4. Chop 1 cup of pecans into fine but edible pieces.
5. Using an apple corer, slice the 2 apples into thin strips. *should be able to fill about 4 cups*
Step 3: Filling
1 cup of pecans
1/2 cup, of light brown sugar
1/2 cup of rolled oats
Step 4: Combine
6. Combine the 4 ingredients together in a bowl.
7. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Step 5: Shaping Dough
8. Take the dough out of the fridge or freezer.
9. Use desired amount of flour on surface to make sure pie dough does not stick. Place the dough on the surface and, using a rolling pin, roll out the dough. It should be about the thickness of a ruler, the highest, a pinky.
10. Place the tin on top of the dough and cut out a circle but about 1 inch more than the tin. Gently pick up the cut out dough and place inside of the pie tin.
Step 6: Fill the Dough
11. Place the filling inside of the dough.
12. Out of leftover dough, roll it out, same thickness, and cut into 1 inch strips.
13. Create a lattice structure for pie covering.
14. Place in the oven at 350 degrees and bake for 30 minutes.
Step 7: Final
15. Take the pit out of the oven. Sift on a coating of powdered sugar and serve.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.