Step 1: Ingredients and Materials
- 5 cups apples
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- dash salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Box of two pie crusts
- pie pan
- cutting board
- various measuring containers
- large bowl
- large spoon
Step 2: Filling
- In a large bowl, combine apples, sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt.
- Stir together with large spoon until all dry ingredients are moistened and stuck to the apples.
- Unroll one pie crust and put it in the pie pan.
- Pour apple mixture into prepared pie pan.
- Dot with butter.
Step 3: Top Crust
- Find a picture of the Pi symbol (for a reference to cut from) on the internet.
- Unroll the second pie crust onto a cutting board.
- Use a knife to cut out a Pi symbol.
- Lay the finished top crust on the top of your pie.
Step 4: Cutting Out the Numbers
- Cut out the shapes of 3.14 from these slices.
- Put the numbers on top of the pie.
Step 5: Baking