Introduction: Apple and Pear Pi
Hi, this is my yummy pi themed pie...
Step 1: Ingriedients
• 3 sheets of short crust pastry
• 1 apple
• 1 pear
• thickened cream
• 1 small egg
• 1/2 cup flour
• 1/4 cup sugar
• 1/4 cup butter (melted)
• 1/8 cup desiccated coconut
Step 2: Base
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius on fan forced as shown in pic (1)
2. Thaw three sheets of shortcrust pastry as shown in picture (2)
3. Cut out a pie simble as shown in picture (3)
4. Place in oven tray lined with baking foil as shown in picture (4)
5. With the spare pastry roll out long logs as shown in picture (5)
6. With the logs of pastry build up the sides and pinch to make a bit taller. Then smooth out where it meats the base.
as shown in picture (6) and (7)
7. whisk an egg until it is mixed and then using a pastry brush, coat the edges and joins as shown in picture (8) and (9)
8. line the inside of the pastry with baking paper as much as you can and then place wheat on it to help the pastry hold its shape,
as shown in picture (10)
9. place in oven for 10 mins, then remove wheat and paper, then place in for a further five mins.
10. take pie out the oven and be ready for the next step. picture (11)
Step 3: The Crumble
1. Mix butter, sugar, coconut, and flour in a bowl as shown in picture (1)
2. Need with hands until nice and crumbly as shown in picture (2)
3. preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius fan forced.
Step 4: Fruit
1. Cut up apple and pear as shown in picture (1)
2. place in boiling water for 3 to 5 mins as shown in pic (2)
Step 5: Fill the Pie
1. place fruit in pie till almost full as shown in picture (1)
2. sprinkle with a light topping of sugar as shown in picture (2)
3. fill gaps and cover top with crumble as shown in pic (3)
Step 6: Cooking and Serving
1. place pie in the oven for 15-20 minutes
2. remove from oven and allow to cool
3. serve with cream as shown in picture (1)
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.