* Soldering Iron, Solder, Wire, Wire Cutters & Wire Strippers.
* 2x mini-USB-B to USB-A cables
* FT232RL USB to Serial break-out board
* PodGizmo PodBreakout (v1.5 used here)
* 470k (or near enough to 500k) resistor
* An old iPhone or similar for testing purposes.
Please be aware that this is not an Apple approved accessory and connecting it to your IDevice is unsupported and you may damage the iDevice. I cannot be held responsible for anything you choose to do with your equipment or indeed this cable!