Introduction: April Fools Keyboard
Step 1: What You Will Need
3 keyboards of the same make and model
We will need the letters that spell APRIL FOOLS
A carefully chosen victim
Plan of attack
Any number of accomplices you deem necessary
Step 2: Keyboard Mod
- Pop the required key caps off the extra keyboards
Popping the key caps off is not a step that needs explaining, right?
Note: if you do need instructions on how to pop the key caps off, stop reading now and go buy a whoopee cushion or something.
- Replace the row of letters with your borrowed key caps, spelling out our message
As you can see in this photo, the top row of letters has been altered.
The keyboard mod is the easy part.
Step 3: Know Your Victim
The trick to pulling this off is to know your victim'.
- Choose the right victim. A good person is someone who:
1. Has a sense of humor
2. Is not in the middle of a huge project that will make or break his/her career and with any small distraction, comes disaster.
3. Can be distracted for the amount of time it will take to replace their keyboard.
4. Looks at keyboard while typing.
This joke works best with people that "Peck and look at the keys while typing"
Step 4: Plan Your Attack
Planning your attack is up to you but speaking from experience, it is always a good idea to have a few accomplices.
Not only are accomplices helpful, but always make practical jokes more fun!!
The more the merrier!
Last year I actually was able to get 3 different people though out the day with this keyboard. It was great fun.
One of the things that make this joke great is that it has all the attributes of a great practical joke and does not hurt anyone or anything ( the keyboards can be reassembled) as a result.
This is important to keep in mind when playing practical jokes anatomy of the year.
If your joke lacks character, then it won't be funny.