1. Arduino Uno R3
2. Ethernet Shield R3
3. 1 Bicolor LED
4. 1 470 Ohm resistor
5. 1 DHT-22 Sensor
6. 1 4.7k ohm resistor
7. Breadboard jumper wires
9. Arduino power cord (Gives more consistent power to your Arduino than USB)
10. USB-AB cable for uploading Arduino code & serial output
1. Arduino IDE: 1.0.3
2. Google App Engine SDK: Python, Linux 1.7.4
3. Python: 2.7
4. Ubuntu 12.04
This application was developed on Ubuntu 12.04. I don't have a Windows machine, so I can't tell you how to install Google App Engine or any other software on it.
The application files for this project are:
A. Simon Monk's Timer library
B. Adafruit's DHT library
C. Iowa Aquaponics' DHT Arduino Code
D. Iowa Aquaponics' Google App Engine Code
1. Download Simon Monk's Timer library here
. Extract the zip module and put a copy in your arduino-1.0.3/libraries directory. Make sure it is named "Timer".
2. Download Adafruit's DHT library here
. Extract the zip file and rename the extracted folder DHT. Make a copy and place it in your arduino-1.0.3/libraries.
3. Download Iowa Aquaponics' zip file here
. Extract it into your home directory.