As a part of my prop making initiative, which includes a helmet, the iron man gauntlet, and this- the arc reactor.
Also check out my Iron glove/gauntlet HERE
Also check out my Diy Iron man phone case HERE
Since I had recently built a 3d printer, I decided to print all the files
I used the files which can be found HERE
The model is NOT modelled by me, and therefore you will have to go to link above to get the files.
I scaled the part to 80% as the part seemed to big to me, and now that I have scaled it down to 80%, I still feel like it is a little too big. SO either print it in 75% or 80% if you want results like mine, or go all out and print it in 100%.
Step 1: Fine Tuning and Assembly
To coil the copper wire, I removed the caps, and individually wounded them onto the caps. Then I super glued the copper wire to the caps. Then I cut off the part of the copper wire bellow the caps. All this was done so that the support cage could be attached properly. If you are confused by this step then please check the images, it will clear up a lot of the confusion.
Before I glued the pieces, I spray painted them with cheap spray paint. I also sprayed clear lacquer so the paint would be sealed in, and would not start to chip away. The spray lacquer also prevented the copper wire from tarnishing and reacting with the oxygen to create an ugly appearance.
Other than that, I had to manually sand a few of the pieces, so that they would look better. Then I proceeded to glue all of these parts with some super glue.
Step 2: Led, and Electronics
For the bottom support cage I used 4 blue leds
For the top ring, I used 10 white smd leds
All my wiring was done in parallel
Rather than place the leds in the same spots as in where the maker of the model intended for me to, I decided to place the leds in a slightly different position, as the position that I had chosen was much more efficient at shining the light out
That's it!!! Have fun assembling yours, and please feel free to leave any questions/comments down below in the comments section