First, this started out as a gift, and not an instructable. So please excuse some hand waving here and there as I do not have any pictures of the etching and drilling portions.
Second, this is for my dear dear wife. Yep, I got lucky enough to have a wife who likes to solder. We found out this summer when out of the blue she asked me if she could solder my RockSat PC board. We also are huge fans of snow flakes. We even had a snow flake themed wedding! Finally, this our 6th year of marriage, so what could be better than a 6 pointed snow flake!
Ok, so get ready, get set, Lets make one together!
Step 1: Get ready!
- Eagle CAD (if you design your own)
- Paint.Net (Photoshop or Gimp will work)
- Arduino IDE
- Windows Paint
- Arduino or Arduino clone
- LED's. I was quite pleased with Microtivity LED's.
- 0.1 male headers
- Soldering iron
- Clothes iron
- Something to cut the PCB (I used a bandsaw)
- Something to drill the PCB (I used a drill press)