Step 1: Get all the parts
- An Arduino
- 4 standard wall outlets
- A four bay plastic outlet box for old construction
- An 8 channel relay board
- A three prong appliance cord
- A four bay outlet face plate, or the laser cut version attached (Red cut, Blue etch)
- 8 half inch #6 machine screws, 4 matching nuts
- 4 one and a half inch #4 machine screws with nuts and one inch nylon stand-offs
- Some wire, 10 female and male header pins, solder, etc.
- A soldering iron
- A multimeter
- A drill
- A screwdriver
- Wire cutters
I got all the materials from Home Depot and Amazon. In total, it cost about $50.00 for all the parts.
This is a really simple project, but it does require experiences with drills and soldering. There are great tutorials on instructables for these tools if you do not already have these skills.
PLEASE NOTE: Working with AC power is dangerous. Don't hurt yourself, and don't blame me if you do.