Introduction: Arduino Artnet Node
A few months ago i needed an Art-Net node. But I didn't have enough money to buy one because they are about £300 and that is quite expensive.
Step 1: Gather the Parts
- 3pin(or 5pin)xlr
- arduino mega or uno
- ethernet shield (make sure to use an ethernet shield that uses the w5100 chipset , a shield with a different chipset wont work)
- 16x2 lcd
- 100 ohm resistor
- 220 ohm resistor
- 10k potentiometer
Step 2: Build the Circuit
The circuit is fairly straight forward but you will need some skill.
Step 3: Upload the Arduino Code
- Download the arduino ide (make sure to install version 023)
- Plug in your arduino via usb.
- Copy the file DMX from the download to the arduino ide's libraries
- Open the Art-Net-node.ino
- Chose your arduino board from the boards menu.
- Upload the code
Step 4: Download Freestyler Lighting Software
- Download the latest version of the freestyler lighting software.
- Open the software.
- Go to setup and then interface setup set this option to Art-Net.
- Then set Broadcast address to your Art-Net Node's ip address.
- Connect the Art-Net node's ethernet port to your computers ethernet port.
- Plug power in to the arduino via usb
- Go to your computers control panel then network and change adapter settings.
- You should then be able to see that the arduino is plugged into your computers ethernet port.
- Bridge your wifi to the arduino.
Re start the freestyler software.