Introduction: Arduino - BLUETOOTH & ANDROID PIR ALARM With Call and Sms Functions!
Hello world! Today i made a android app that communicates with a arduino using the HC-06 Bluetooth module for a PIR Motion sensor GSM Alarm. You can set 1 phone number to the DATABASE that needs to be called when movement is detected. When movement is detected it will call you and you can listen what is happening in your home, If you missed the call you can send a SMS with the command "Call me" (it is case sensitive, so use capital C). You can also send a SMS command with "Disconnect" and the bluetooth module will disconnect. For the Schematic, Arduino Code, Android APP & Parts list follow the next step.
NOTE: You need to take a few steps for the APP to operate properly and you need to connect the Phone to a Charger.
Follow these next steps on your Android phone. (This might be different on your phone, check google on how to keep your phone screen awake)
- Settings, go to call, extra settings, turn off proximity sensor. (Turns off screen during calls when set to on, and we want the screen to be on during calls)
- Settings, Location & security, setup screen lock to none.
- Settings, Applications, development, turn on standby or might be named stay awake on your phone (keeps screen on during Charging)
- Plug in a USB Cable & keep the phone plugged in.
Your phone should stay awake now.
GET THE ANDROID APP ON GOOGLE PLAY! or download it below.
EDIT: I Updated the app! + You can record with sms Commands. and listen later.
- Updated the SMS command & functions
- Keyboard is Numbers Only now
NEW SMS COMMANDS:
- sms "Call me" and the Phone will call you.
- sms "Record" to start recording sound.
- sms "Stop" to stop recording.
- sms "Disconnect" and bluetooth will disconnect.
- sms "Shutdown" and the app will close.
Step 1: Schematic, Arduino Code, Android APP & Parts List.
Simply wire it up like the Schematic & Upload the code, and while uploading make sure to disconnect the bluetooth module.
For more info on how to change your HC-06 or HC-05 name, baudrate, etc. check my instructable here
- Arduino Uno.
- HC-06 Bluetooth Module.
- Pir motion detector (DSN-FIR800)
- Jumper wire set MM/MF/FF
- Android Phone with APP on it.
Don't forget to pair your Arduino Bluetooth module with your phone!
Follow me for more! If you want the open source Android code send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
also check out my website for sensors for arduino! http://www.arduinosensors.nl
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.