Introduction: Arduino Based Wireless Water Level Indicator
This device consists of a transmitter and a receiver. The transmitter device comes with a (5"long and 4" diameter) cylindrical cover(pvc). It has a sonar sensor downward. when the device is turned on, set it on a 2' long 4" diameter pipe. this pipe has a float-able material inside. so, when the water level rises, the sonar sensor feels the float-able material closer to it and sends the data to Arduino board. the value is very accurate . Further, using a RF transmitter the data is sent to the nearest RF-receiver .
The receiver device receives the data and shows the output in the computer screen.
- Arduino-uno - 2 pcs
- Sonar Sensor - 1 pcs
- RF Module - 1 set
- battery-9v_dc - 1 pcs
- Led - red and green
- UPVC pipe
Step 1: Sensor & Transmitter Setup
Following block diagram and pictures can help you to setup the sensor and transmitter circuit. addition of extra led can indicate the safe and danger marks.
Step 2: Receiver Circuit
Step 3: Tools
#All the libraries and final codes are uploaded.
- The ultrasonic sensor can measure 3cm-400cm distance precisely. so the water level is measured very accurately
- In our code we used some 500ms-1000ms tolerable delay.
- The communication between two RF-modules take time. The measured delay is between 1000ms-3000ms.
- ·As the battery voltage goes down, the communication process becomes slower.
- · The measurement of pipe matters . it's found out that 4"diameter & 2' long ratio works the best
##Special thanks to 'Mr. Shaifur Rahman'
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.