I bought an arduino a while back and I think it's really nice, but I haven't really done anything useful with it yet, so now I thought it was time to make a bigger project. I decided to do an alarm clock since my old one is broken.
Here's a video of it in action:
There seems to be some problems with the video embedding, If you can't see the video above, here's a link to it: binary alarm clock
Step 1: What should be done?
An alarm clock should be able to: What I used:
- keep time - code
- display time - LEDs 5 for hours, 6 for minutes
- keep an alarm time - code
- let the user set the time - buttons
- let the user set the alarm - buttons
- make noise when the alarm goes off. - speaker
- let the user snooze - touch sensor "button"
- let the user turn on and off the alarm. - touch sensor "button"
It would be nice if it also:
- looks reasonably good - a nice box as case
- is cool and geeky - true binary display