Convert your Arduino into a sofisticated web control platform using Teleduino.
Teleduino is both a product and a service. Once the Teleduino sketch has been loaded on your Arduino (the 'product'), it then connects to the Teleduino server awaiting your instruction from anywhere in the world via the internet (the 'service').
Typically there are no firewall changes required, and if your network supports DHCP then no network configuration is needed on the device. Easy!
The Teleduino platform allows you to perform the following with your Arduino, all via the internet:
- Reset, ping, get version, get uptime, get free memory.
- Define pin modes, set digital outputs, set analog outputs, read digital inputs, read analog inputs, or read all inputs with a single API call.
- Define up to 2 'banks' (4 for the Mega) of shift registers. Each 'bank' can contain up to 32 cascaded shift registers, giving a total of 512 digital outputs (1024 for the Mega).
- Shift register outputs can be set, or merged, and expire times can be set on merges (you could set an output(s) high for X number of milliseconds).
- Define, and read and write from serial port (4 for the Mega).
- Read and write from EEPROM.
- Define and position up to 6 servos (48 for the Mega).
- Set preset values for the above functions, which get set during boot. Preset values are stored in the first 178 bytes of the EEPROM (413 for the Mega).
Just imagine what you can do. The possibilities are endless. What makes it even better? The process is quick and easy.
This tutorial will guide you through creating a Status LED for your device, then obtaining and uploading the Teleduino library/sketch to your ethernet enabled Arduino Uno (or equivalent).
To complete this tutorial you need:
- Arduino Uno / Mega (or equivalent)
- Ethernet Sheild (Wiznet based)
- 1K Resistor (or similar)
This is our first tutorial and will be adding neat project tutorials for achieving specific tasks.
If you get stuck on any of the steps, or if you feel that there is a step that could be explained better, please leave a comment so that we can improve things.